Challenge ahead

It's been a few years since I set myself a book-reading challenge for the year ahead (the 666 Challenge in the first year of Bookhound, which I so nearly completed. Drat South America and Oceania). Fancying a challenge this year I had a look at some of the challenges suggested on Goodreads. The string-theory challenge sounded great until I realised that this is something I do anyway (read one book, see what that suggests, select another appropriate book eg biography of Errol Flynn -> Robin Hood -> Beginner's guide to archery), so I've decided to revisit 1001 books to read before you die.

The good thing is that I've already read a chunk - 155 novels - and many of the ones that remain on the list are either sitting on my shelves waiting to be read, were recently given as gifts or loans, or are books that I've wanted to read for a long time. No idea how many of these I'm going to get through by the end of 2014, but making it up to 200 would be excellent.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Hello ... do you have a search feature on your blog or a way to locate earlier reviews? I'd like to read your reviews of Hideous Kinky and Lady's Audley's Secret (two of my most favorite books). Leslie
Bookhound said…
Hi Leslie,
If you search in the Blog search box in the top left corner that should just search my Blog. I thought it searched everywhere until just before Xmas when my search gadget stopped working, and I tried it. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll try to arrange a new search widget.
who knew we had that feature in the upper-left corner! thanks!

Popular Posts